Not that a Hoffbrau Steak NEEDS it
At Hoffbrau Steaks…we’d like best to have you eat it the way we dressed it.
However, for our sauce connoisseur’s; we offer the greatest. All of our stores will hand you, on request, any damage you wish to inflict on your own, tender slice of heaven.
We proudly carry almost all your favorites, from the British (oh, yes) invented A1, which was first brewed way back in 1824. Legend has it that when King George of England tried it the first time, he was so excited by its flavors; he held up a thumb and declared it “A-1.”
Not the Oldest
That honor goes to Mr.Lea, and his chemist friend, Mr. Perrins. They invented the blend of top secret (truly-no one knows what goes in!) ingredients that deliciously confound us all. The name comes from it’s origin…Worcester, England. And the most important steak sauce question? Worcestershire can be properly pronounced a few ways: “WUST-ter-shire, “WOOS-ter-sheer”, or “WOOS-ter-sher” sauce.
Wanna try it home-made? We have a “kicked up” version of A1; Texas style
You will quickly develop your own twist in this recipe. Some people prefer more mustard, some prefer only ketchup, some add fresh tomatoes -
experiment to come up with your own signature steak “frosting!”
Home-Made Texas Steak Sauce
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
• 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup (because we LOVE all things Heinz! Do you know how great they are? They donate cents from each specially marked bottle to the Wounded Warriors project, who helps our veterans, wounded in service. Great people!
• 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce.
• 1. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes stirring.
• 2. Remove from heat.
• 3. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
• 4. Put mixture in a blender till it is pureed.
• 5. Pour in bottle.
• 6. Cap tightly and refrigerate to use within 90 days.